8.18.2013

Training Camp


Can you guess where I went this week? It was the end of Redskins training camp, and while I'm not a fan of the team (or their offensive mascot), I am a football fan. Since this is the team that practices closest to where I live, I wanted to see what it would be like.

It was much like you would expect. Guys in jerseys running around, throwing and catching footballs. Everyone wearing matching jerseys.. It would be impossible to find anyone you lost! But they all seemed to be having fun, so that's good.


I did get to put on a helmet that I almost immediately regretted, since probably hundreds of people had worn it before me.


Possible highlight of the day was getting to see a sorority sister that I haven't seen since May! She was a real fan, taking a bunch of photos right on the frontlines, but we got to chat for a little bit (and of course, take a photo).

It was still a good day and fun to see all the excited fans. We talked to a family that was making a vacation out of it: staying at a hotel and visiting restaurants they'd seen on the Food Network. The little boys had their Sharpies ready for autographs. They told us about the many autographs they had gotten years before - RG3 had taken off his glove, signed it, and given it to one of them. Sounds cute! Though I'm not fully sure who RG3 is, or why he goes by RG3.

Now that I've been to one training camp, I really need to go to another! But next time, I hope it will be for my favorite team, so I can get crazy with jerseys and photos and autographs and all! Truly, truly.. I am a Cheesehead.



Go Pack Go!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha LOVE IT!!! And it looks like the training camp was fun!!! I'd love to go to something like that! Oh well, football season will be here soon! Go Packers or something! :)

    ReplyDelete