1.16.2014

#GoodThings #CreativeCollective

In today's edition of #GoodThings, I am also sharing my project for the #CreativeCollective! Hashtags all over the place! The Creative Collective is another linkup Melyssa is doing at The Nectar Collective, where we do fun creative things! So who wouldn't want to join in on that?! The prompt for yesterday was: Think of a word that you want to focus on in 2014. My word is "Peace" for many reasons: I'm going to be joining the Peace Corps and I just think that with that, I will need to keep peace within myself this year in order to not freak out about being thousands of miles away from everything I know, so... Hence the peace.


AND, this is my 50th post!! How exciting!!

My good things are:

  • This painting I did over the last two days! It includes one of my favorite things: GLITTER! 
  • The fact that I've written 50 blogs! Uh, hello baby blogger milestone!
  • All the Valentines in my store right now.. That I am holding back from buying because I know I will want to mail them right away and it's too early!!
  • I have 5 days off next week! Which is CRAZY and hopefully I can get a lot done/have a lot of fun next week!
  • And my blogger friends :)
What are your good things?! Are you doing the Creative Collective too? Let me know, y'all! 

The Creative Collective

9 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up. I love how you displayed the word and it's so fitting with the journey that you're about to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hit 50 posts this week too! Cheers to our baby blogs! YAY! I'm also holding back on buying Valentine's Day cards since I tend to rebound from one holiday to the next way too quickly all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're joining the Peace Corps? That's awesome! Where did you get assigned? My husband's a former volunteer. He loved the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting is amazing!! I love your word as well - it sounds appropriate on many levels :) I don't know if you're much for quotes, but seeing this post made me think of this one: "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Best of luck with the Peace Corps assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay baby blogs!! Working in retail does NOT help the holiday rebound thing at all. I get so mentally ready for the holidays before they are even here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am! I'm going to Moldova. Where was your husband? I'm glad to hear he loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU FOR THIS!! That quote is so great!! I'm definitely going to write that down and keep it with me. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was assigned in the Philippines and lived there for 2 years. Goodluck and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete