10.07.2013

Weekly Wishes #8


This Weekly Wishes post will be a place for me to share my goals for the week. Hopefully blogging about them will help them to actually happen!

This week, the picture of Lilo and me was featured in Melyssa's participant art - so awesome! That's really exciting. 

I had a great weekend this week - I went to my first alumni event ever! I was, of course, the youngest one there by at least 8 years (not including people's children), but it was still fun. Then Saturday I had to work really early, but was done early, and got to visit an event at my old dance studio, and then go have a drink with the woman whose dogs I sit for. Basically it was a lot packed into two days. Whew! 


Last week, I wanted to: Craft (and blog about it). After decades of searching for my crafting box (which of course was put away.. Why would I even think to look in its spot?), I did make my sister's shirt, and it was fun! I sent her a picture and she thinks it's awesome. Did not blog about that, but look for a post to come! 
Find a good journal and get ready for Everyday Happy! I found a cute journal! It's bright red and on the front says in gold foil, "She makes the day brighter. She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes." So it's adorable and perfect, and I had already bought it! Even better. I've enjoyed using it so far for the course, which has been great.

This week I want to: Mail my Snail Mail Collective gift. I am so sorry that I'm an awful partner, and I will not be doing this in October because this month is just too busy.. But did you know it's kind of hard to figure out mailing stuff to another country? And going to the post office when you're working a 9-5? Yeah, shocking, I know. So I need to get it out this week or else I will just continue to be terrible. 
Get my big a wedding present. I am SO excited, because my big is getting married to an awesome guy on Saturday and I get to go to the wedding! I even get to go the night before and stay with her and her bridesmaids! I love my big (another shocker, haha) and I haven't seen her in 5 months! So I should get to getting that present.
Do some work on my blog. I keep meaning to add buttons, and do some other little things.. But I've been lazy about it. So I'm going to hopefully do that! And maybe a post besides WW would be good, right? Ha.

And as always, I want to keep reading. I did read a LOT of The Light Between Oceans today. Once I start, I can't put it down.

Wish me luck on my goals this week, and I hope you accomplish yours too! Don't forget to link up to Melyssa at The Nectar Collective to share with everyone else!

The Nectar Collective

9 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I was definitely a horrible Snail Mail partner! Better late than never, right? Good luck on blog design! There are TONS of tutorials out there if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww good luck with your new wishes this week! Omg, its so awesome to come across another sorority girl online :) I hope I get a chance to hear about your experiences as well (especially the Big/Little match up! They are TORTURING US with the surprise of when it will start. I seriously hope its this week...I just can't stand the suspense.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote on your journal is wonderful. Love it.
    Good luck this week. Looking forward to seeing the new design and keep on reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one! You are right, better late than never. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I'm gonna disappoint you because we didn't have bigs and littles! I wish we could have figured out some way to do it but we were the first class, and then I graduated. They might get littles in the spring (I know they've been working on making lines) but I'll never get one :(
    Wait, unless you're talking about DZ and not Kappa Pi. But you're already in DZ, right? And you just joined the art one. I hope that's right!
    But it is awesome to come across another sorority girl online! I love reading your posts so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Snail Mail partner was in the UK and when I went to mail my package they made me fill out this form saying what all was in it. It was just office supplies but I felt like I was committing a crime haha.

    Seriously girl, I am more than will to help with your buttons and stuff!! Email me - do it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going to email you.... On my day off. Haha, which is Thursday! If you don't hear from me by Thursday afternoon.. Bug me again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh so I'm "bugging" you now?? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha absolutely not! You are encouraging me ;) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete